As the temperatures rise during these summer months remember that energy efficiency can keep you cool while saving money!
Did you know that the average Canadian household will spend about $2500 on home energy this year.
Here are some money saving tips.
1. Wash Clothes in cold water, this can save you $75 a year.
2. Install a programmable thermostat this can save you up to 10% on cooling and heating costs.
3. Use your window coverings, Closing your blinds or drapes on the sunny side in the summer to keep out the hot sun and open them in the winter to bring in the warmer rays.
4. Turn off all lights, when your not using them turning off the lights and electronics.
5. Change your lightbulbs, replacing your bulbs to energy-efficient ones you can help reduce energy use as much as 80%.
6. Look for the energy star label. This symbol of energy efficiency are on a wide range of products that can save you up to 30% on related electricity bills.
7. Low flow faucets and shower heads- this will help you save on your water bills.
8. Change your filters, having a dirty furnace or A/C filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you cool or warm.
9. Reduce your water heater temperature to 130 F- this will save you money on heating water. You can also wrap the water storage tank in a specially designed ‘ blanket’ to retain the heat.
10. Seal air leaks- to save you up to 20% on heating and cooling bills.
We hope you enjoyed this months blog on Home Energy Saving Tips!
Sunlight Heritage Homes