It’s important to continue to live a lifestyle in your retirement that you’ve grown accustomed to, and by that we mean a life with your pet(s).
One of the first questions many retirees ask before making their move is if the active adult community is pet friendly. More builders have taken note of the increase in pet owners. There are adult lifestyle communities across the country that welcome pet lovers and offer amenities like parks and open spaces that cater to their furry friend. While many age-restricted communities have different rules when it comes to pets.
If you’re a pet owner and considering moving to a retirement community, there are several factors to consider:
- Do the living spaces have enough room to accommodate pets?
- Are there safe grounds to take the pets for a walk?
- Are the premises well lit?
- What kind of pets are permitted, and how many can I have?
- Is there a size restriction on the pet?
- Is a pet deposit required? If so, how much and is it refundable?
- Is there an additional monthly fee for having a pet?
- What veterinary care services are required before I may bring a pet?
- Is a vet located nearby?
At the Villages of Sally Creek, we welcome pets. We are a pet friendly community with plenty of green space, trails, and amenities to keep your pet active and those tails wagging.
For more information, please visit us at MySallyCreek.com