Things to consider when searching for your perfect home.
Are you in the market to find the perfect home? Deciding between new vs. resale is an ongoing debate, however, the final decision comes down to what you want out of your home. The purchase price of a new home vs. resale can be relatively comparable but are dependent on thee things: location, build and upgrades.
Cost is important but equally as important is how each home will fit with your lifestyle. Whether you are looking for a property that is “right” for you, looking to change locations, looking for an investment property or if you are a first-time home buyer, there are a few aspects to consider.
Here are the benefits and perks of buying a new build as your next home:
- Better Build: New builds are up to date with structural building standards. When you purchase a home with us you can feel comfortable that you are going to pay less on your monthly utility and energy bills.
- Little to Zero Renovations and Upkeep: Although home construction does allow you to customize your space after your purchase, a property that needs constant TLC can weigh heavy on your wallet and mind. It is important to factor in any plumbing issues or water damage that will occur through wear and tear which will come at unpredictable costs.
- Mess-Free: When buying a new home, you can ensure that there is no mess that you cannot tell the story behind. This means no wine stain on the carpet which probably carries a great story for the previous owners, but in your new home, not so much. Same can be said for any dents in the walls or damages to the floorboards.
- New Community Development: Location is an important aspect while finding a home that fits with your lifestyle. New builds are typically located in the suburbs where fresh new communities are springing up. These communities attract new restaurants, stores and entertainment close to your home.
- Custom Designs: Your car and your clothing reflect your personality, why shouldn’t your living space? In a new home, you can show off your personal taste to reflect your unique style. Depending on the current progress of a new home and desired possession date, you will have the ability to customize your finishes from the flooring to cabinet colours to the backsplash on your walls.
- Higher Resale Value: Unexpected and expected changes happen, new jobs, kids leave home. Sometimes a home simply does not work with our lifestyle anymore. If by chance you want to move a few years after you move in, your resale value will be much higher on a new build that utilizes new technology and moderns finishes.
- New Home Warranty: After the purchase of the home, you will not need to budget for annual maintenance within the first few years. With the Tarion Home Warranty you have 7 years of major structural defects, 2 years – plumbing, heating, and electrical systems and building envelope, and
1 year – all other items.
Your new home purchase should be the perfect complement to your lifestyle. Overall, the cost could be greater in an older home; from energy escaping out of the home to the physical upkeep. With more money in your pocket and less time spent at the hardware store; a new build is worth the consideration.
Thinking about buying a new build?
Talk to us about moving into your New Perfect Home.
Sunlight Heritage Homes