Coming up with a down payment of thousands of dollars can be really tough. Especially if you are already struggling with loans, rent and life overall. With most home prices being over $200,000 these days banks are looking for 20% down. That could mean coming up with $40,000 or more. There are lots of things that you can cut out and temporary sacrifice to get you to that end goal of owning your brand new home! Here are our top 10 to help make this dream come true.
- Make coffee at home versus those daily lattes.
- Stick to watching Netflix instead of going out for movies!
- Put away those credit cards
- Switch Phone plan to the lowest possible
- Cut out Cable TV
- Use coupons at the grocery store or price match
- Sell unused items online
- Do you smoke? No better time to quit, not only will your health improve. Smokers can save thousands a year by kicking the habit.
- No more eating out at restaurants.
- Swap out that vacation for a staycation.
Remember this may be a tough time but the outcome will be completely worth it! If your goal is to save 20% calculate it by dividing the price of the house by 100, than multiplying that by 20!
Need additional help saving for that new build. Contact us at Sunlight Heritage Homes or visit our website www.sunlightheritagehomes.ca
Happy Saving 🙂
Sunlight Heritage Homes